Duties and Taxes:-
- Customs duty between 40% and 135%
- Tax varies between 10% and 35%
Duty Free Importation:-
- Expatriates working within the Egyptian Government are allowed to import vehicle duty free, provided they must guarantee re-exportation of the vehicle.
- Expatriates working for non-governmental sector are allowed to import a vehicle duty free only if the expatriate is the owner or partner of a private company/project in Egypt. In this case, duty can be covered with local bank guarantee.
Requirements are: proof of ownership/partnership from Egyptian Investment Authority, company commercial registration documents, and taxation documents.
- With Trip ticket system, duty free importation of vehicle is allowed for a maximum period of 6 months, provided the importer should submit trip ticket documentation and plates. Once the period is over, the vehicle should be exported for at least 6 months before shipping back to Egypt again. Licensing fees is only applicable on these vehicles.