Taxes applicable on the import of used cars are as below:
- CISS (Comprehensive Import Supervision Scheme): 1%
- NAC (National Automotive Council): 2%
- VAT (Value Added Tax): 5%
- ETLS (Ecowas Trade Liberalization Scheme): 0.5%
- Sub Charge and Duty Payable
As per the old custom policy applicable on the import of Japan used cars in Nigeria, the following conditions should be met before importing the used cars in Nigeria:
- The cars should not be more than 8 years old from the date of first registration.
- The cars should be Left Hand Drive.
- Custom Duties applicable on the vehicles:
- Cars: 30%
- Buses: 15%
- Trucks: 30%
- CKD (Complete Knocked Down vehicles): 5%