Taxes are calculated on the total vehicle cost (CIF).
This includes vehicle price, freight, insurance, transportation to Zambia border post and others.
Please be aware that Zambia Revenue Authority can uplift the value of the vehicle after physical inspection.
Sedan Cars, Station Wagons and other vehicles principally designed for the transport of people and with seating capacity up to 9 persons including the driver.
- Engine size 0-1,500cc: 74% of total cost (CIF).
- Engine size 1,501cc or more: 89% of total cost (CIF).
- Buses , Coaches for the transport of 10 people or more.
- Seating capacity 10-16 people: 67% of total cost (CIF).
- Seating capacity 17 people or more: 33% of total cost (CIF).
Pickups, Trucks and Lorries.
- Gross weight 0-19tons: 58% of total cost (CIF).
- Gross weight 20 tons or more: 33% of total cost (CIF).