There are few documents which are required at the time of clearing the used cars at the ports are as follow:
- Original Bills of Lading.
- Two clear negotiable Original Bills of Lading.
- Work Permit (copy).
- Immigration Permit.
- Certificate of Residence Change.
- Attestation reservation de cale.
- The consignee's original passport.
- An invoice or valuation for the vehicle.
- The original logbook of the vehicle or the original export documents from the country of origin.
- Inventory in triplicate, English, detailed, valued, signed and dated by the customer.
- Electrical powered items should be shown with serial numbers.
- A Tax Identification Number, will be issued and obtained for the consignee by the consignee local employer in Uganda.
* It is a must to be registered with Tanzania Revenue Authority and have your Tax Identification Number (TIN) before clearing the car into Tanzania Customs Regulations.
Uganda being a land locked country, surrounded from all the sides by land has no port of its own.
Therefore they use 2 ports which are listed below:
- Mombasa in Kenya
- Dar-Es-Salaam in Tanzania
Thus to import a Japan used car to Uganda either these ports uses by the importer or buyer. Both ports being equal in terms of cost related to import of the vehicle. The Japanese used car importer must follow the procedures personally or can use an agent for clearance.