Import Documentation and License for Bangladesh
If the transactions of your import have taken place via a bank then you may need a LCA (Letter of Credit Authorization). In rare cases when it is not mandatory, it will be stated.
If your import is not an item belonging to restricted list, you would not need an Import License. Importers will need LCA forms for the import goods.
If you are aware of the laws which govern import of vehicles into Bangladesh, it will help you the next to import a used Japanese car to Bangladesh. Japanese Used Cars are reliable and cost-effective.
There are few documents which are required for clearance. Those are listed below:
- Original Passport and copy of Work Permit
- Certificate of Title and Registration
- Registration, Invoice to determine age
- Country of Origin Certificate
- Original Bill Of Lading (BOL)
- Car Condition Report
- Letter of Authorization
- Import Permit from Chief Controller, Import and Export for foreigners.
There are 2 Ports for shipment of vehicle. Those are:
Generally for shipment of Ro-Ro (Roll-on, Roll-off) method is used for vehicle shipment. However, on request of customers more expensive shipping method of containers is arranged.