There are no age restrictions or limitation for importation car in Malawi.
Right-Hand Drive vehicles :
Importation of only right-hand drive vehicles is permitted in Malawi. However exception is provided in case of special vehicles like Ambulance, Fire engine.
Used vehicles imported to Malawi do not require any road worthiness inspection.
This will cover the cost of the vehicle if the vessel sinks, catches fire, or is destroyed totally during transit, cost of 'general average' cost of salvation, if vessel is rescued before sinking, cost of any parts stolen during transit.
Although Marine Insurance is not compulsory, it depends on the buyer.
There are few documents required which are mention below:
- Original Commercial/Purchase Invoice
- Drivers License & International Insurance Policy (green card)
- Original Certificate of Title and Registration
- Copy of client’s work contract
- Original Bill of Lading– It must show Chassis number, Engine number, Cubic Capacity, Manufacturing year, brand and model.
Recommended banks of Malawi:
NATIONAL BANK OF MALAWI, RESERVE BANK OF MALAWI, STANDARD BANK MALAWI,FIRST MERCHANT BANK MALAWI, MALAWI SAVINGS BANK and etc.
Note: All information above is subject to change without notification.Please contact your local customs clearing agent and inquire for latest updates.
Approximately 6-7 weeks depending on the vessel schedule.