- Major Shipping Destination:
- Dar Es Salaam (Tanzania), Mombasa (Kenya)
- Age restriction:
- Less than 10 years old vehicles do not have extra dumping fee (2005 and onward models).
- More than 10 years old cars will be charged extra 30% of CIF value as a damping fee.
- Age of the vehicle mentioned above is since the date of manufacture.
- Delivery Time:
- Approximately 6-8 weeks
- JAAI inspection is required
- Recommended banks of Tanzania:
- BARCLAYS, STANDARD CHARTERED, STANBIC, BANK OF INDIA, EQUITY BANK, CITIBANK,INVESTRUST BANK, ABC BANK, ECO BANK, FINANCE BANK, BANK OF AFRICA and etc.
- What is JAAI (Japan Auto Appraisal Institute) inspection?
- JAAI was established in 1966 under the approval of the Ministry of International Trade and Industry and the Ministry of Transport in Japan. Tanzania government requires JAAI inspection for the vehicles to be imported to the countries.
- Inspection will be arranged by Car From Japan before shipment.
- This may take up to 10 days depending on how busy the inspectors are.
- Booking of your vehicle for shipment will be arranged once the JAAI inspection is completed.
- JAAI Inspection fee of US$300 is included to your invoice and mentioned on it.
- Without JAAI certificate, consignees will be required to pay 30% penalty of the CIF value.
Note: All information above is subject to change without notification.Please contact your local customs clearing agent and inquire for latest updates.
Please sign in to leave a comment.