- Major Shipping Destination:
- Mombasa (Kenya), Dar Es Salaam (Tanzania)
- Age restriction:
- Only less than 8 years old vehicles are permitted for importing. (eg, 2008 and onwards).
- Delivery Time:
- Approximately 6-8 weeks
- All vehicles imported to Kenya must be Right Hand Drive except special purpose cars (e.g. ambulance, fire engine and etc.)
- JEVIC inspection is required
- Recommended banks of Kenya:
- BARCLAYS, STANDARD CHARTERED, CFC STANBIC BANK, EQUITY BANK, BANK OF INDIA, BANK OF AFRICA, CITIBANK, KENYA COMMERCIAL BANK, ABC BANK, ECO BANK, and etc.
- What is JEVIC (Japan Export Vehicle Inspection Center) inspection?
- JEVIC is a Japanese registered company and has been involved in pre-shipment inspections / certification of used vehicles in various forms since 2002.
- Kenyan government requires JEVIC inspection for the vehicles to be imported to the countries.
- Inspection will be arranged by Car From Japan before shipment.
- This may take up to 10 days depending on how busy the inspectors are.
- Booking of your vehicle for shipment will be arranged once the JEVIC inspection is completed.
- JEVIC Inspection fee of US$350 is included to your invoice and mentioned on it.
- Please note that without JEVIC inspection certificate, penalty will be charged by your customs office.
Note: All information above is subject to change without notification.Please contact your local customs clearing agent and inquire for latest updates.
Please sign in to leave a comment.